Monday, January 12, 2015

How to Make Your Curls Last

I can't tell you how many times a week I have my clients tell me that their hair won't curl!
Lies! It is all lies! It doesn't have to be that way and I am going to tell you why!

First things first.
Product is YOUR FRIEND

Depending on your hair type decides the kind of product you need, some hair types need more than others, but everyone needs it!

For fine hair I love a mousse. Pureology has a Silk Bodifying mousse that I love it doesn't weigh the hair down nut it helps give it some texture. I also love Small Talk from Bed Head, it is a volume gel that is amazing. It will work great from fine or thick hair. One last product I love for fine or thick hair is a texture spray; I love the Catwalk Salt Spray from TIGI. You can spray it on wet and/or dry hair. It helps create a textured beach look and really helps the curl last.

And last but not least for product is a great Hairspray. If you really need a strong hold hairspray because your hair has a hard time holding the curl I LOVE Masterpiece hairspray from Bedhead. Kenra hairspray is also a really great strong hold as well.

Moving on from product I think the best results come from using a flat iron for curls. I have very naturally straight hair and my flat iron curls last for DAYS. It is challenging at first to get the hang of but keep practicing, it is worth it! Refer to my post about curling with a flat iron if you don't know how to.
If you like using a curling iron or a wand better that is fine but you need to make sure you are spraying your hair with hairspray BEFORE you curl. Make sure that the hairspray is dry before you curl it. You do not want to hear a sizzle! I like to spray mine with hairspray and then brush it after! Hairspray layer by layer and then spray all of it when done. Then take a pick or wide tooth comb and brush the curls out to have it be more of a natural look!
Curling Iron Curls
Wand Curls

Flat Iron Curls

1 comment:

  1. My hairs are already too curly and that is why I always keep searching for ideas to keep them, straight and have a flat look. So, I am thinking to buy a good flat iron, do you think it will not damage my hair.

    ReplyDelete