Friday, September 19, 2014

Buying Make-Up Tips!


Wow! It's been a while since my last post! I got a puppy and she is the sweetest, cutest, most loving little thing! But boy does she need a lot of attention! Anyway it's time for a new post and it's something that I've been asked a lot! 

So today we are going to be talking about make up! What products should you be spending a lot of money on, and which ones can you get away with getting at the drug store! 

I think first things first and anything you are going to be putting all over your face is a splurging MUST! 

1. Face Primer- I'm going to be totally honesty and admit that I had never used a face primer until the past year, but I LOVE them. They help moisturize your skin and help keep your foundation on smooth and helps it last all day. Some of my favorites are: 

 Stay Flawless Face Primer and Smashbox Face Primer
Both are in about the $30-$40 price range. 

2. Eye Primer- I love eye shadow, and I especially love when it last all day! I think it's a MUST. My favorites are. 

Urban Decay (sin is my favorite but they are all great) and Paint Pots by Mac 


3. Now foundation is the biggest MUST! Using cheap foundation will cause break outs and dry out your skin! My favorites are: 
 
Naked Skin foundation- this one says it all. I love how light it is I don't even feel like I'm wearing it! 

Make-Up Forever- this one has a lot more coverage if that's something you're needing! I also love it for photo shoots, wedding days, or big events


4. So this is not a must but I personally love to splurge on eyeshadow! I really do believe the more you spend the better quality it is. I love my naked palettes! 




Now that I've told you where to splurge, here's where I think you can SAVE. 

1. Mascara- my own personal opinion is that high priced mascaras aren't worth it! I love my cover girl and it's half the cost. 


2. Brushes- some might disagree with me on this one but I really love a lot of cheap brushes they feel good on my skin, don't lose bristles, and they definitely get the job done. I really love Elf Pro Brushes. Seriously they're fantastic. 


3. Lip color- this one I have some professional ones that I really love but there some some that are also great! I found a chart on Pinterest that I thought was awesome! I couldn't find the original link and so I don't know who to link it to! But it's not my work just something I found! 


That's all for today! Have fun! 


 








No comments:

Post a Comment